Sunday, July 17, 2011

Explore

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~Mark Twain


“We may explore the universe and find ourselves, or we may explore ourselves and find the universe. It matters not which of these paths we choose.” ~Diana Robinson






I remember growing up & getting caught up in a mid-teen crisis once ha, typical jr. high school girl drama -all that nonsense. Anyways, that doesnt matter though in the midst of all that petty shit- what does matter is... there was a woman, my dance coach- who pulled me aside grabbed a globe and told me to point to where I was standing on the globe. So I did, then she pointed out to me & made me realize how small and insignificant it was to waste so much time and energy in that one place when I had the whole globe to explore. She told me not to ever get caught up in small town crisis bc there was always something bigger out there, to always look at the big picture. Ill never forget that moment- 7th grade.

In the movie Where the Wild things Are I also really like the scene where they zoom in on the globe in Max's room & it reads something like -"Max's world to explore...or something along those lines" whatever point is...its true. Always keep in mind that there is more to this world than the place you live in....there's more to life than the clothes you wear, and the car you drive...fuck materialism...fuck brand names...Ultimately, no one cares at the end of the day. Get out and explore this world. You only live once & honestly I bet anyone can vouch for me when I say traveling has to be one of the most enriching ways to learn about different cultures. Submerge yourself in an entirely different world outside your comfort zone, you'll be glad you did.







Here is my list of things I want to try and see or do in my lifetime:
-feel free to add or comment. =)




1. Go back to Machupichu & complete the 4day Inca Trail hike.

(yes daz me in WaynuPichu- Temple of the stars that overlooks MachuPichu, jic u were wondering C= )





2. Cliff Dive in Red Rocks Park, Vermont


3. Explore lava tubes in Hawaii






4. Swim w/ sting rays in Tahiti





5. See the pyramids & Great Sphinx of Giza in Egypt

6. Visit the Great Wall of China












7. Own a '76 Stingray Corvette


8. Bungee jump & Skydive

9. Be in the Rockefeller Center in New York City during the Christmas tree lighting ceremony

10. Be in Mt. Rushmore during the 4th of July and see the fireworks go off there






11. See the Aurora Borealis


12. Venture the countryside of Tuscany
& eat tons of olives & visit wineries...

13. Go back to Spain and buy a house in Oviedo

14. Go to GREECE!!!! I could go on forever w/ all I want to see here!!





15. Go to the gran carnival de Brazil















16. Visit Frida Kahlo's ashes in La Caza Azul in Coyoacán




No comments:

Post a Comment